website builder Today, The Daily Telegraph celebrates 160 years.
Inside the paper today there is a 4-page supplement – you can read it here: which looks back at the historic milestones and the quirks that make The Daily Telegraph unique.
In today’s edition of the paper, the Editor, Chris Evans, has explained a few of the changes that have taken place. These include:
– Restoring the gothic masthead to the front of the paper.
– A new type face (Austin News)
– Increase to the size of the text in our articles making The Daily Telegraph even more readable.
– A greater number of features in the paper featuring Allison Pearson, Bryony Gordon, Lisa Armstrong, Judith Woods and James Le Fanu. The Telegraph also welcomes Emma Freud and Linda Blair, who writes her first Mind Healing column today.
– The Business section has been redesigned with a dashboard of must-know facts and figures and page 2 is dedicated to comment from award-winning writers.
– The sports section gains a bright new look,
– The TV listings have been enhanced for readers to better plan their viewing as the newspaper has adopted the style used in its weekend papers.
You can read the full letter from editor Chris Evans here: